Star of the Week

Last Friday Ethan came home with a very special award in his bag. He was awarded Star of the Week for ‘Being a good friend’.

Star_of_the_week

This is his second star of the week award, his first was given to him on his first week of school. I love these awards and the fact that this one is for friendship is amazing.

I have been getting notes in Ethan’s book saying that Ethan has been starting to interact well with his classmates. We have also been seeing hints of the rough and tumble games they have been playing, as he is playing like this with Little E now.

I also know he has become quite close to one of the other boys in his class and I never thought friendship would be on Ethan’s radar.

I know we are miles away from play dates or anything like that but I’m loving the small steps Ethan is making.

“Our

1. 16th December 2015 / 1:01 pm

Aww! That is fantastic! It sounds like he keeps surprising you! Well done Ethan! x

20th December 2015 / 6:50 am

He does, long may it continue x

2. 16th December 2015 / 5:49 pm

That’s brilliant, well done to him! You must be so proud. Maybe those playdates will happen in the future. x

20th December 2015 / 6:51 am

I hope so, we do like to take a little longer to get to milestones so you never know x

3. 16th December 2015 / 7:05 pm

I love these awards too, they really reinforce the good behaviour and are fabulous for improving confidence. Well done Ethan!

20th December 2015 / 6:52 am

Thank you, we do make such a big thing of these awards. They also take pride of place on the fridge ;0) x

4. 17th December 2015 / 1:19 am

How lovely! Well done Ethan! I suspect that kids are not so bogged down in adult ideas of what social interactions and connections should look like, and are therefore more able to adapt and form relationships even if the friendship structure is not quite what we would see as conventional. #SSAmazingAchievements

20th December 2015 / 6:54 am

I think you are right. I think Ethan is happy with the friendships he has at school and he enjoys being there which is the most important thing x

5. Karen
    23rd December 2015 / 3:50 pm

Well done Ethan 🙂 and what a lovely award to get. I wouldn’t worry about play dates to be honest, Sir has only had a couple in 11 years. We took him and his friend bowling for his birthday, he enjoyed that more I think because it was structured. Have a lovely Christmas all of you x

30th December 2015 / 6:54 am

Thank you, I’m not sure I would know what to do on a play date lol I think going out to places is more our thing too x