Word Of The Week – Nurseries

This week our word of the week is

Nurseries

as we viewed a few nurseries this week.

When Little E was born we discussed her going to nursery and decided that she wouldn’t go until she was offered her free placement at three. This was mostly due to the costs and I had visions that we would find a toddler group that we would visit regularly.

Although we take Little E to Sing and Sign, Swimming and Baby Ballet, I felt that she wasn’t really getting the chance to play with other children like Ethan did when he went to nursery. I’m also aware that we don’t really have time for messy play activities as our week does rotate around Ethan’s school day, and I know that she would get the chance to do this at nursery.

So we decided that we would see if we could get a place for her in September after her second birthday. We viewed an amazing nursery yesterday and it has turned our plans totally on their head. We took Little E with us and she looked so comfortable in the room that she would be in. She went off exploring with no problems and I feel like we could have easily left her there to play.

So now we are thinking what are we waiting for, and feel if Little E started nursery sooner it would benefit her. We just have to work out the costs and see if it’s doable as her nursery place isn’t so I can go to work, it’s for her to have time to be sociable and play with her peers.

The Reading Residence

1. 4th March 2016 / 7:34 am

Glad that Little E seemed to be so happy and settled when you visited the nursery that you hope she will go to and that you can manage to work things out so she can go a little sooner and get that opportunity to play with her peers.

6th March 2016 / 3:44 pm

Thank you, hopefully we are putting a plan in place for her x

2. 4th March 2016 / 11:30 am

The cost of nurseries lately is just too much isnt it?!

I hope that you can work out the budgeting as the nursery that you found sounds fab!

#wotw

6th March 2016 / 4:05 pm

It really is, quite scary actually. I hope so too x

3. 4th March 2016 / 2:04 pm

I’m glad that you found such an amazing nursery and that Little E’s so comfortable there. I hope you manage to decide what to do and the costings all work out OK x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

6th March 2016 / 4:13 pm

Thank you, if it is meant to be we will work it out. Thank you for hosting x

4. 4th March 2016 / 7:12 pm

It’s great to hear your little one looked totally at ease being at the nursery. May she continue to thrive. #WotW

6th March 2016 / 2:53 pm

Thank you, I’m really looking forward to her starting there and I never thought I would feel like that x

5. 4th March 2016 / 8:18 pm

Great that you’ve found a place that she’s comfortable in – must be so reassuring. Have a lovely weekend #wotw

6th March 2016 / 2:52 pm

Thank you, it really is great when something feels right for your children x

6. 5th March 2016 / 2:59 pm

Aww! How lovely! I hope it is doable. It sounds like it would be a great benefit to her x

6th March 2016 / 11:05 am

I really believe this too, hopefully we will be able to work it all out x

7. 6th March 2016 / 8:55 pm

I must say our two went to nursery and they both loved it and had so many happy memories and are still friends with their nursery friends, its a wonderful start she will have a great time x