Colchester Pumpkin Patch at Foxes Farm

We don’t really celebrate Halloween that much but since we have lived in our house we have always brought a pumpkin to carve with Ethan. This has always been shop brought but every year I have looked for a pumpkin patch that we could visit. We have never found one until this year when I spotted an advert on Facebook for Foxes Farm. I was pleased to see that there wasn’t a charge for entry, you just paid for the pumpkins you picked.

We decided that our visit would be on a Sunday morning, hoping it wouldn’t be too busy but it was packed with many other families wanting to pick their pumpkins. Thankfully it wasn’t too bad and Ethan could handle it but he did go very quiet. He was still very happy to pose for pictures with the pumpkins.

pumpkin-patch-colchester-foxes-farm-4pumpkin-patch-colchester-foxes-farm-22

There were pumpkin activities to take part in but Ethan and Little E were happy to walk around and look at all of the pumpkins. There was a Maize Trail that we thankfully didn’t get lost in and the children enjoyed walking around.

pumpkin-patch-colchester-foxes-farm-21pumpkin-patch-colchester-foxes-farm-2 pumpkin-patch-colchester-foxes-farm-1

I really hope the pumpkin patch is open again next year as it was a lovely morning and it got us out and about in the fresh air.

Country Kids

1. 29th October 2016 / 10:09 am

Lovely, happy, Halloween photos. Great day out. Coming over from #CountryKids x

2. 29th October 2016 / 5:22 pm

That really does look like a great way to spend a morning and to have entry for free is a real bonus. You don’t mind paying a little extra for your pumpkin when it comes with a morning of activity like this. I looks perfect for Ethan with just enough to keep him interested but not too organised to put him off. I love the photo sitting on the Pumpkin.

Thank you for sharing with me on #CountryKids

3. 30th October 2016 / 8:21 am

Aww I do love a pumpkin patch! This looks great, I love the idea of having a maze in it to give you something else to do – the one we visited was simply a working farm and you just went and picked a pumpkin (which actually is a very quick activity just by itself)! #CountryKids

4. 30th October 2016 / 9:09 pm

Aww, his smile in the top photo is gorgeous. I must get my children to a pumpkin patch next year-we’re always too late. #countrykids

5. 30th October 2016 / 11:44 pm

What lovely pictures and it looks like a nice day out 🙂 Good thing that it didn’t get too much for Ethan at the patch so you got to enjoy the visit. I guess they can be quite manic with so many families and kids at this time of the year! #countrykids

6. 1st November 2016 / 7:33 pm

Look fab! I really wish we had gone out to a pumpkin patch, I reckon my daughter would have loved it. I will have to make sure I get organised for next year!

7. 4th November 2016 / 1:17 am

What a lovely day out. The pumpkin patch looks massive. I love your photos too. x #countrykids

8. 4th November 2016 / 10:40 pm

It really is a lovely day out isn’t it? It’s a firm favourite activity in our house, lovely photos #CountryKids