Siblings October 2014

I think this month we can safely say the honeymoon period of having a sister for Ethan is over!

All was going very well between them but since Ethan’s two incidents at soft play we have seen anxiety in Ethan that we have never seen before.

Little E has a crying time at night, every night. She can start from 5pm and she normally stops by about 8.30pm. It is finally getting on Ethan’s nerves. Ethan has never liked the sound of crying and it was something we did worry about, but he was OK with Little E’s crying.

For the past week Ethan has been keeping himself to himself and sitting in the hall. I have found it quite upsetting as he was excluding himself from us, this was my biggest fear when we decided to become a family of four.

My Mum was able to get Ethan to connect with Little E again by making her dance in the hall. Ethan thought this was marvellous and joined in with her. Slowly but surely his love for Little E has come back, even if he does keep a bit more distance when she cries.

Siblings_Oct20141
Siblings_Oct20142
Siblings_Oct20143
Siblings_Oct20144
dear beautiful

1. 10th October 2014 / 9:49 am

Lovely photos. Glad to read he’s warming up to his sister again.

• 12th October 2014 / 7:05 am

Thank you, me too I hated that he felt he had to distance himself x

2. 10th October 2014 / 8:32 pm

Aww they look so sweet together 🙂 I’m so glad he’s started to accept Little E again; crying babies are hard for all of us at the best of times and it’s so difficult to properly explain it to a little one.

• 12th October 2014 / 7:06 am

Her crying can be a bit much, and it always happens when Ethan is tried. We are hoping she will grow out of it soon x

3. 11th October 2014 / 1:50 pm

Oh he looks such a proud big brother in that second photo, it’s adorable. I think there is definitely a honeymoon period with new babies, and then a period of adjustment as they come to realise that the new baby is here to stay. I’m sure you will keep finding ways to keep them connected as you all ride out the transition.
    They are both just beautiful, you must be so proud. x

• 12th October 2014 / 7:07 am

We are so proud of him, he is doing so well to adjusting. Thankfully (hopefully) it is just a little bump in the road x

4. 15th October 2014 / 8:32 am

I think the novelty does wear off after a while. We had problems with our E a few weeks after his sister was born. It will and does get easier, especially once they can start playing together a bit more. Hang on in there xx