Catrìona Zappert has created an illustrated book to introduce children to Scottish Gaelic – The Gales. We have two copies of the book Na Gàidheil to give away.
Catrìona Zappert spotted a gap in the market and created Na Gàidheil for children, parents, teachers and adults alike to help teach them basic Gaelic words. She hopes passing on this skill will give back to the next generation.
Catrìona explains Gaelic is in her blood…“As my great grandparents on the Finlayson side were Gales and on my mother’s side too. Some of the Drummonds were also Gaelic speakers so I feel very strongly about learning and teaching the language.”
Na Gàidheil uses magical illustrations to take you on a journey. It will transport you through the Gaelic realm of the mystical country of Scotland. It will introduce you to the Gaels, a family of Scottish fairies, their family and some of the Gaelic place names in Scotland. You will discover unicorns, magic,
By using the simple phonetics contained in this book. You will be able to learn Gaelic words to use around the home.
What Do We Love About Na Gàidheil?
I love the
Each page has a different Gaelic word to learn. The item is illustrated on the page for you. I think this book is a lovely starting block for anyone wanting to start to learn Gaelic.
Na Gàidheil Giveaway
We have two copies of Na Gàidheil to giveaway. If you would like a chance of winning your own copy you can enter our giveaway below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- Giveaway closes at 12.00am on the 8th October 2019.
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry.
- There are 2 copies of Na Gàidheil to giveaway. Two winners will be drawn and each winner will receive one copy of Na Gàidheil.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Two winners will be randomly chosen and will be shown on this post. The winner’s names may be shared on social media.
- The winners will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn
. Itake no responsibility for lost prizes.
DISCLOSURE – We were gifted a copy of Na Gàidheil for the purposes of this post.