Laser hair removal treatment is one of the most efficient and effective ways to rid your skin from unwanted body hair. Body hair removal is essential not only for aesthetic purposes but also for hygienic purposes.
With that stated, one should take care of their skin after receiving this treatment for the best results. The following sections of this post discuss a comprehensive post-treatment skin care regime that can and should be followed, for the best results.
One to Five Days After Receiving the Treatment
After you receive the Laser hair removal treatment, it is common for you to witness that the treated areas are extremely sensitive and are appearing reddish.
Follow the guidelines mentioned in the sections below diligently to get some relief –
- Apply Aloe Vera gel or organic body lotions with Aloe Vera as the active ingredient. Start applying the gel or the lotion only after five days from the date you have received the treatment.
- While taking a bath, clean the treated area with a moisturising shower gel or organic bathing bar. You would need to do this twice a day. After taking a shower, do not forget to apply body lotion containing Aloe Vera as the active ingredient. This will restore the natural moisture content in your skin, especially in the treated areas – this is very important!
- In case the treated areas in your skin still feel sensitive or the redness is not subsiding even after 2 days has passed since you received the treatment, repeatedly apply natural Aloe Vera on the same to keep it from getting infected.
- Avoid using make-up and cosmetic products especially on the parts of your skin that received the laser body hair removal treatment.
- Avoid using lotions, soaps and skin creams that have perfume as one of their active ingredients.
- Avoid using loofah or exfoliating shower gels/soap bars while taking a shower.
- Avoid showering with hot water for at least 5 days. If you fail to do so then skin irritation won’t subside!
- Avoid using your body hair shaving kit.
- Avoid taking a dip in swimming pools as the chlorine-rich water could worsen your skin irritation!
- Avoid hitting the gym or partaking in strenuous activities that can flush your skin with sweat for about a week.
- Avoid stepping into the sun for at least two weeks to keep your skin from sustaining sunburn!
Post-Treatment Regime For Your Skin That Should Be Followed After Ten Days!
- After ten days has passed since you have received the laser hair removal process, you would need to subject your skin to the exfoliation process. It is essential to do so since it assists in increasing the rate of your skin’s natural shedding process.
- It also keeps your skin from forming ingrown body hair strands!
- Use an exfoliating mitt manufactured by a renowned brand, twice a week for the best results, on the treated sections of your skin, after you shower.
This comprehensive post-laser hair removal treatment skincare regime is tried and tested. With that stated, if you experience undocumented side effects, be sure to get in touch with your preferred dermatologist right away!
Article is contributed by Austin K