Being parents of an autistic child we have had to learn how to use visuals. Visuals for holidays, visuals for days out, and calendar visuals. At school, they have been teaching Ethan about his emotions through visuals. Little E has more language than Ethan. She can sometimes find her feelings overwhelming and dones’t give herself time to work out what they mean. We were sent Nipper Cards children’s affirmation cards to review. I thought they would be a perfect visual to use alongside language to help Little E understand her feelings and daily worries.
*This post contains an affiliate link. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Are Nipper Cards?
Nipper Cards are affirmation cards for children. The cards contain illustrations of animals each representing a different quality. These qualities are transformation, teaching, fear, magic, power and wisdom, innocence and fun, grace and intuition, dreaming, creativity, breath of life, joy and love of life, gathering and storing and gentleness. Each set of animal cards have four messages which reflect both sides of that quality.
Use the cards as a tool for starting a conversation. Asking your child to pick a card will give you a starting point to discuss what they feel about the selected card. This will prompt them to name feelings and talk about them. Helping children to understand their feelings and learn to balance them.
Playing Games With The Nipper Cards
The Nipper Cards come with four-game suggestions giving you more ways to use the cards. These games are a Memory Game, Animal Snap, Number Snap, and Animal Families.
Using The Nipper Affirmation Cards
I have been using the cards with Little E over the past few days. She loves it when she picks a card with a wolf on as this is her favourite animal at the moment. Using the cards is starting to open our conversation up about emotions and feelings and they are becoming a great conversation starter without her really knowing. I think they will be a great tool as Little E grows up and navigates the world around her.
Nipper Cards Affirmation Cards Giveaway
We have a set of the Nipper Cards Affirmation Cards to giveaway. If you would like a chance of winning you can enter our giveaway below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- Giveaway closes at 12.00 am on the 12th of September 2020.
- We validate all entries according to the rules of entry.
- There is one set of Nipper Cards Affirmation Cards to giveaway. We will draw one winner who will each receive the cards.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- We will randomly choose one winner. Their name will be shown in this post. We may share the winner’s name on social media.
- We will notify the winner via email. A reply with their postal address must arrive within 3 weeks otherwise, a further winner will be drawn.
- PLEASE NOTE – Due to COVID-19 dispatch and delivery times will take longer than normal.
- I take no responsibility for lost prizes.
DISCLOSURE – We received a set of the Nipper Cards Affirmation Cards as a gift. This was for the purposes of this post.