Author Jeff Mills releases his debut children’s adventure – Hugo and the Bird Gnome Wars. This children’s fiction book combines North Devon history and an enthralling magical story. We have three copies of the book to give away.
Hugo and the Bird Gnome Wars
Hugo and the Bird: Gnome Wars is an exhilarating, magical adventure for readers aged nine to ninety. It is a tale brimming with magical creatures, adventure, loyalty and mystery.
“Before starting to write I was advised to write about what you know, so I decided to set the story in my own locality of North Devon,” explains Jeff. “On the outside wall of the library in Bideford is a plaque commemorating the hanging of, what were known as, The Three Witches of Bideford, who were executed in Exeter in 1682. They were the last people to be legally hanged for witchcraft in England.”
That story inspired the books to follow, as the children of those innocent victims seek revenge against the perpetrators of not only that crime, but that of their own execution on trumped-up charges. That is until Hugo a nine-year-old boy and his strange magical friend, Bird, become involved. Causing the death of one of the sisters and laying waste to their plans. The book has an ominous edge, but one that young readers will enjoy.
The two remaining sister witches use the allies from the Cornish goblin tribes. They subdue gnomes from the Gnome Reserve. Using the gnomes to experiment on this allows the witches to be able to move around in daylight. The aim is to fulfil their deadly vow. A snooping journalist gets involved and Hugo’s schoolmate, Emma, is forced into a situation from which there is no return, pitting her against her friends. Can Hugo and his friend, Bird, rescue the gnomes and defeat the witches? Can a memento from the time of King Arthur help to save Emma?
Jeff Mills’ blends fantasy with history creating a spellbinding children’s adventure. Creating his stories on long car rides with his then young children. He used beautiful North Devon for inspiration. His new book provides heart-pounding adventure and is based on actual historical detail. Hugo and the Bird Gnome Wars is a tale of fantasy, high stakes and friendship that everyone will love.
Hugo and the Bird Gnome Wars Giveaway
We have three copies of Hugo and the Bird Gnome Wars to giveaway. If you would like a chance of winning your own copy you can enter our giveaway below.
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- Giveaway closes at 12.00am on the 4th December 2018.
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry.
- There are 3 copies of Hugo and the Bird Gnome Wars to giveaway. Three winners will be drawn and each winner will receive one copy of Hugo and the Bird Gnome Wars.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Three winners will be randomly chosen, and will be shown on this post. The winner’s names may be shared on social media.
- The winners will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise further winners will be drawn.
- Prizes will be sent out directly from the supplier. I take no responsibility for lost prizes.