In this book, you can come and play with the Pixies and learn about the forest. Peter Pixie Visits The Rescue Centre is the charming debut of late author Michael J. Woodward. We have two copies of the book to give away.
Peter Pixie Visits The Rescue Centre
Peter Pixie lives in a toadstool and like all young Pixies, he has to go to school. Peter and Jonathan, his best friend, travel to school together via the acorn train. They are very excited today as they are going on a class visit to the Rescue Centre.
When visiting the Rescue Centre an unexpected emergency happens. A human is detected on the hunt for mushrooms. The children get to watch a real-life rescue take place.
Sadly Michael passed away before the books publication. His daughter is promoting the book in her father’s memory.“My father lived beside Knighton Woods, a part of Epping Forest, which included abandoned grounds of a country house deserted in the 1930’s. At weekends they went on family walks through those woods and put thier ears to the trees to hear the sounds of the Pixie activity within. It was a natural progression for him to tell stories of Peter Pixie, his sister Paula and his best friend Jonathan to us, his own children, at bedtime.”
What Do We Love About Peter Pixie Visits The Rescue Centre
We loved sharing the story of Peter Pixie together. The attention to detail in this book is amazing. Mentioning the food the Pixies eat and drink amongst other things. It is also lovely how the Pixies and insects work together in harmony.
This book contains beautiful illustrations from Alison Lingley that enhance all the details. At the end of the book, we love the Pixie Quiz and the page of fun facts.
Peter Pixie Visits The Rescue Centre Giveaway
We have two copies of Peter Pixie Visits The Rescue Centre to giveaway. If you would like a chance of winning your own copy you can enter our giveaway below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- Giveaway closes at 12.00am on the 6th of April 2020.
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry.
- There are 2 copies of Peter Pixie Visits The Rescue Centre to giveaway. Two winners will be drawn and each winner will receive one copy of Peter Pixie Visits The Rescue Centre.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Two winners will be randomly chosen and will be shown on this post. The winner’s names may be shared on social media.
- The winners will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- PLEASE NOTE – Due to COVID-19 dispatch and delivery times will take longer than normal.
- I take no responsibility for lost prizes.
DISCLOSURE – We were gifted a copy of Peter Pixie Visits The Rescue Centre for the purposes of this post.
1 thought on “Peter Pixie Visits The Rescue Centre Book REVIEW and GIVEAWAY”
Congratulations Ella and Emma!
We hope you enjoyed the book!? What was your favourite bit?
Thank you so much for the lovely book giveaway of my dad’s debut book ‘Peter Pixie Visits the Rescue Centre.’ If any of your children would like me to do a Zoom call to read the story to them and bring the characters to life do let me know!
Did you know this week is the pixies’ Fungus Festival, starting today, 26 October? The clocks have gone back and the first leaf of the big oak tree has fallen. Check on our Instagram and Facebook pages @peterandpaulapixie to find out how you can get involved as a Pixie Explorer and see what the pixies are up to. Don’t forget to download the FREE woodland walk activity sheet on our website http://www.peterandpaulapixie.com to learn more about the pixies and how you can spot them!