Ethan loves books and we have recently tried to make a bedtime story part of our daily nighttime routine. So I was very interested in reviewing The Book of Bedtime Stories when we were offered the chance.
The Book of Bedtime Stories is a collaboration between Walker Books, Mumsnet and Gransnet to find ten bedtime stories by undiscovered writers. It was the job of Michael Rosen, a former Children’s Laureate, to choose ten winning stories from a shortlist of over four hundred entries. With the winning stories chosen ten new, young artists were asked to illustrate a story.
- Time for Bed by Michelle Eckhaus
- When Polly Jumped Over The Moon by Jools Abrams-Humphries
- The Sheriff of Rusty Nail by Sophie Wills
- Bedtime at the Lighthouse by Philip Bell
- Celeste Who Sang to the Stars by Kate Wilson
- Allie to the Rescue by Helen Yendall
- Princess Imogen’s Independent Day by Christine O’Neill
- The Dancing Bear by Suzy Robinson
- A Parcel for Theo by Claire McCauley
- The Night Thief and the Moon by Katherine Latham