The Happy Book is a book full of feelings. It is full of playful, interactive coping strategies to help children examine their anxieties with the goal of overcoming them.
The Happy Book
The Happy Book is written in consultation with child psychologist Sarah Davis. This book gives children and adults the chance to examine their anxieties together. Giving you a fresh and objective way to help overcome them.
Each section of the book focusses on different emotions. Each emotion uses different colours making understating fun, immediate, and accessible to all ages and abilities.
Using this book will help children to pay attention to their moods. Encouraging them to express their thoughts and feelings rather than hide them away.
It includes tips to help identify emotions, and mini science sections explaining what happens to the brain and body during these times.
What Do We Love About The Happy Book?
This is a great book to read to Little E. She is very expressive when it comes to her emotions and normally cries. So we know something is up but then we have to work it out. Whist reading this book we had discussions about what things make her worried or scared.
I love that this book lists the possible things that could make your emotions change. It also gives you tips on how you could help someone displaying different emotions to make them feel better.
I also love ‘the science bit’ it tells you exactly what is going on in your mind when these emotions take over. It also breaks down how to say the tricky words for the chemical reactions. Perfect for little ones and even us adults!
The Happy Book Giveaway
We have a copy of The Happy Book to giveaway. If you would like a chance of winning your own copy you can enter our giveaway below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- Giveaway closes at 12.00 am on the 9th of August 2020.
- Entries will be validated according to the rules of entry.
- There is one copy of The Happy Book to giveaway. One winner will be drawn and will receive a copy of The Happy Book.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- One winner will be randomly chosen and will be shown on this post. The winner’s name may be shared on social media.
- The winner will be notified via email, and will need to respond with their postal address within 3 weeks otherwise a further winner will be drawn.
- PLEASE NOTE – Due to COVID-19 dispatch and delivery times will take longer than normal.
- I take no responsibility for lost prizes.
DISCLOSURE – We received a copy of The Happy Book as a gift. This was for the purposes of this post.