Stuart Simmonds the accomplished cricketer and sports coach also writes the Hannah the Spanner children’s books. We received three Hannah the Spanner books to review and offer as giveaways. In this post, we review Hannah the Spanner, and the Circus. We also have Hannah the Spanner and the Trip to the Moon and Hannah the Spanner and the Dancing Bear books to review.
Hannah the Spanner and the Circus
Stuart made a promise to his daughter when she was just five that he would turn his Hannah the Spanner stories into children’s books. Naming them after his eldest daughter the books are perfect for bedtime reading. These stories have been written for children aged four to nine years old.
For Hannah the Spanner brilliant and bizarre things happen often. In-fact these things can transpire daily. In this book, Hannah and her friends go on the best trip of the year!
The class visits the circus and this means a trip to the big top. In this book, you will discover an over-excited teacher, custard pies, strongmen, acrobats, The Great Donaldo, and the town’s newest clown. Also, an amazing quite beautiful elephant called Trunky.
Bill Greenhead creates the amazing illustrations in the Hannah the Spanner books. He is a cartoonist, an illustrator, and an animator.
What Do We Love About Hannah the Spanner and the Circus?
Little E cheered and declared she loves the Hannah the Spanner books when I sat down to read this book with her. It was lovely to see her get so excited about a book. Little E hasn’t been to a circus and it was great to share Hannah’s first experience of a circus visit together. Even with all the unexpected twists and turns the visit takes.
I really do love how these books are written. There are funny moments for children and moments that resonate with adults. They really are a delight to share at bedtime.
Hannah the Spanner and the Circus Giveaway
We have one copy of Hannah the Spanner and the Circus to giveaway. If you would like a chance of winning your own copy you can enter our giveaway below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- Giveaway closes at 12.00 am on the 9th of October 2020.
- We validate all entries according to the rules of entry.
- There is one copy of the Hannah the Spanner and the Circus book to giveaway. We will draw one winner who will receive a copy of the Hannah the Spanner and the Circus book.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- We will randomly choose one winner. Their name will be shown in this post. We may share the winner’s name on social media.
- We will notify the winner via email. A reply with their postal address must arrive within 3 weeks otherwise, a further winner will be drawn.
- PLEASE NOTE – Due to COVID-19 dispatch and delivery times will take longer than normal.
- I take no responsibility for lost prizes.
DISCLOSURE – We received a copy of Hannah the Spanner and the Circus as a gift. This was for the purposes of this post.