The message Mark Roland Langdale wants to give his readers in his latest book is to make the most of your childhood. In The Toy Museum, one man journeys back in time to relive his past birthdays. He hopes to regain some happiness and joy in his life.
The Toy Museum
At 59 Alfie Jolly is unhappy with his life. More specifically, unhappy with his birthdays. That’s because none of them have been any good. With his sixtieth birthday on the way, Alfie can’t help but think he’s been wronged.
Alfie decides he wants to return and recycle all of his old birthdays. To do this he needs to find out how. He takes a trip to the North Pole to have a chat with Father Christmas. This leads to a flight to Egypt where Alfie meets Father Birthday. He eventually agrees to help Alfie and literally turns back the clock.
Suddenly Alfie is a child again, he has the chance to relive each birthday and make better memories. A birthday at Disney World, a trip to the fair, and even reliving watching the moon landing. Life is great again but shadows start to creep into this dream childhood of never-ending birthdays.
Is it a case of being careful what you wish for or be grateful for every moment you have before it ends?
The Toy Museum Giveaway
We have two copies of this book to giveaway. If you would like a chance of winning your own copy you can enter our giveaway below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK residents only.
- The giveaway closes at 12.00 am on the 10th of December 2020.
- We validate all entries according to the rules of entry.
- There are two copies of The Toy Museum to giveaway. We will draw two winners who will each receive a copy of the book.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- We will randomly choose two winners. Their names will be shown in this post. We may share the winner’s names on social media.
- We will notify the winners via email. A reply with their postal address must arrive within 3 weeks otherwise, a further winner will be drawn.
- PLEASE NOTE – Due to COVID-19 dispatch and delivery times will take longer than normal.
- I take no responsibility for lost prizes.
DISCLOSURE – We received a copy of The Toy Museum as a gift. This was for the purposes of this post.