A Sunny Morning at Clacton Pier

This week something amazing happened. The sun come out, it was getting warm and we had a morning with no plans or appointments to go to. As soon as Darren woke up he suggested going to visit the sea. So with Ethan at school we jumped into the car to go and get some fresh air in the sun.

I wanted to see what children’s rides they had now as we know that there was work being done during the winter months. We were there so early that the ride area that Ethan loves was closed so we couldn’t walk around but we did spot some of the new rides and worked out which ones had been removed.

We decided to take Little E for a walk along the empty pier. Just like her brother she loved watching the sea, I think she also said the word ‘sea’.

ClactonPier_May165ClactonPier_May161ClactonPier_May162

As with any visit to the sea you have to walk along the beach. Little E has taken to throwing stones into the sea with her brother but this is clearly his influence as she didn’t go to throw any stones on this walk.

ClactonPier_May163 ClactonPier_May164

It was only a short walk but it was nice to be able to enjoy the sunshine whilst it was quiet.
Country Kids from Coombe Mill Family Farm Holidays Cornwall

1. 7th May 2016 / 6:53 am

It looks absolutely lovely! Such beautiful photos of Little E. We never experience the sea when it’s quiet as we only ever go in August!

2. 7th May 2016 / 8:14 am

What a great place to explore. This weather is just beautiful isn’t it?! x

3. Penny Alexander
    7th May 2016 / 9:29 am

I really enjoyed seeing the sun and the sea through your post! What lovely pics of your gorgeous daughter, take me back to a day we had when mine were little on Llandudno pier πŸ™‚ #countrykids

4. 7th May 2016 / 10:13 am

What a lovely morning walk, I bet it was beautiful along the pier in the sunshine. Sometimes it’s great to be out and about before the rush and all the attractions open to appreciate the area itself. Little E looks so encapsulated by the sea it’s adorable, I bet she can’t wait to get back to the seaside again! Thanks for linking up with me on #CountryKids

5. 7th May 2016 / 5:36 pm

I love the sea, we went on Thursday . It was beautiful and warm but the sea was freezing. #CountryKids

6. 7th May 2016 / 11:17 pm

We love a little walks at the beach when the sun is out too. πŸ™‚ Little E looks so cute wandering about. πŸ™‚

7. 8th May 2016 / 11:50 am

What a lovely day out you all had. I also love her outfit particularly her floral coat. #CountryKids

8. 10th May 2016 / 4:25 pm

Looks like a fun day out, there’s something kids really love about looking through the floor of a pier and seeing the sea below. Great fun! #CountryKids

Author
      12th May 2016 / 6:06 am

I always hated the water under the pier, it scared me. Thankfully our children are like their dad and love water x